Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My First Blog...

rse--for my mom to stick with my first lock of hair, my first time writing my name, my first clay elephant ashtray and all the other first time stuff in my life. Probably not.

I signed up for this blog mostly so I could respond to the comments on Storytellers Unplugged. It's a great site, by the way, if you're into writing, writers, or dark fiction. It has great articles by some top names in dark fantasy and horror and even if you're not into writing or dark fiction, most of the articles have enough humor to make it worth your time reading them.

The name of the blog? Malcolm Station. When I first started writing, I didn't differentiate between genres and wrote whatever came out on the page. "The Avenues of Malcolm Station" was a sci-fi novella that petered out about a quarter of the way finished, maybe 20k words, and I still go back and play with it at times. Malcolm Station was the name of a huge, dilapidated, outdated, mostly uninhabited space station orbiting earth in the far future where outcasts hide out when they need to drop off the official radar of government and private enterprise.

The address to the blog? benaires.blogspot.com (I think anyway, remember, this is my first time). One of the main characters in my story "The Avenues of Malcolm Station" was an older gentleman, gray haired with a widow's peak, tall and guant. A real ruthless, arrogant bastard of a guy named Hecter Benaires who specialized in corporate security and edged weapons. This was about the same time I got online, give or take nine years ago, and so I started using the name benaires. Sometimes, I break it down into two names, Ben Aires. Something I have found, though, is that other people are stealing my creation, using the name benaires as well as Ben Aires. So if you ask someone where they came up with that name, and they don't answer with the character description above, you must smite them in all haste.

Who am I? Jerry Brown, registered nurse, writer, photographer, firearm/handgun enthusiast, ex-weight lifter with a wrist injury that prevents me from lifting anymore, ex-adult website content producer, and all around nice guy who hates all things elite and authoritarian.

I guess that's it for this blog entry. I swore I would never enter the blog race but hey, why not?
Jb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home