Wednesday, February 27, 2008

When the hell did this happen?

When the hell did this happen? I just wanted to log into my account for a minute and BAM! It took me half an hour to set up a Google account and then it was a major pain in the ass to tie that to my old blog.

Wow, that sucks major ass. Well, I thought I'd update the blog because I'm thinking of doing something different with it. I want to make sure I'm going to keep using the blog, though, because otherwise it will be a waste of time.

Which is why I'm posting today about my plan to start Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. A friend of mine from an old job is taking it and he's real big on it and I go way back with an interest in jiu jitsu. I just worry that my knees and my wrist and my shoulder will give me problems. I mean, those are all things that get twisted on when you're wrestling.

I don't want to compete, I'm way too damned old for that, but I'd like to get in better physical shape and I'd like to be able to wrestle better than I do now. I don't want to fight Chuck Liddell but if some asshole at Wal-Mart wants to grab me on the parking lot, I'd like to have a better way to deal with them than just shoot them. Just more tools in the toolbox I guess. That, and I'm sure it's a confidence builder. When I worked out all the time, I was more confident and in a better overall mood all the time. I'm sure it has to do with endorphins or something like that. I'll leave the science of it up to the experts. But I felt better. And I'm hoping that the jiu jitsu will be less taxing on my joints than heavy weight lifting. We'll see about that.

Other than that, I have some other things I want to Blog about and possibly start a forum but I want to make sure I'm going to stick with it first. My plan is to start a forum for local folks to post pics when they have a missing dog or something like that. I've had three dogs disappeared in 6 weeks and luckily, these were new dogs. The one I'd had the longest I got in November and although I was very fond and attached to these dogs, it's not like I lost Rocky or Ginger. Rocky is almost four and Ginger is a little over 2 years old. That's a major emotional and financial investment. Rocky should have been called Risky and has multiple trauma injuries to prove it. Just using Frontline and Heartgard are a hundred bucks every six months or so.

Anyway, so after losing the first dog, little Darla, I thought about starting a forum to connect people with their lost pets and so if I can keep my attention on this blog, rather than letting it go unattended for more than 2 years, then I will be able to keep up a forum. Like I said about the jiu jitsu, we'll see about that.

Until then...Fuck the Po-Lice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home