Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Handgun!

I bought a new handgun today and although I probably shouldn't have, I blew right at $600 bucks for it. It's a Beretta Cougar 8000F Inox. That means it's a 9mm, semi-automatic, double action/single action handgun in stainless steel finish. Sweet! They were removed from Beretta's 2005 catalogue and by this time next year they will be VERY hard to come by. I've heard it reported that Beretta only imported 1000 to 1200 of them. I got a really good deal on it but to expedite the shipping and everything, I used a bank card rather than a cashier's check which added 3% to the price of the gun plus another $20 in shipping and then I'll have to pay $15.00 when I pick it up from the gun dealer I'm having it shipped to.

The best part is, I already have a Cougar L, which is basically the same gun with a shortened grip and lightened slide. The Cougar Ls only come in matte bruniton finish and the 8000F Inox is stainless, which hopefully should be more durable. With the wood grips, the 8000F Inox is gorgeous. Now I have a pair of Cougars, both of which are rare and will become more so with time (unless Beretta actually has one of their other sub-companies put them out in the future).

I had kind of kicked around getting a new Cougar L or full-sized Cougar and when I found an Inox, I thought "What the hell?"...and then started seeing footage of the Hurrican. THEN I realized I should have put that money toward my credit card debt but when the Cougars are gone, they're gone. There won't be anymore. And in a few years, when the Inox Cougars are even more rare than they are now, I'll be the only kid on my block with one. Realistically, if there were 1000 imported, and an equal number went to each state, I would be one of only 20 in my state with one. That's pretty sweet! Now--an equal number wouldn't have gone to each state owing mainly to the fact that some states are more restrictive on the types of firearms allowed and stuff. I'd probably be one of less than 50 in Arkansas that has one.

The Cougars have a rotating barrel design which lowers the felt recoil, allowing you to get your sights back on target and fire follow up shots in quick succession. Meaning? You can easily triple-tap your target. The best part is, I won't worry so much about a failure of my Cougar L because I'll have the Cougar 8000F Inox to use also. Although I have several handguns, the Cougar is my favorite and most used, aside from my .22 caliber target pistol but that goes without saying.

On a related front, I finally bought a Don Hume PCCH inside-the-waistband holster for my Cougar (s) although I was really impressed with the price and quality of a Desantis Cozy Partner IWB. They were about five bucks different in price and the main reason I went with the Hume, which has a rougher look, was because I've had good luck with Hume holsters.

Now, the only problem is, how do I get back and forth to work for two weeks without gas money and while I'm there, how do I eat? Because see, I used my two week allowance to be able to afford the gun...and still paid $200 more than I wanted to. But the gun is BEAUTIFUL and accurate as fuck with small size and low felt recoil. And did I mention there weren't that many imported?

Anyway, I thought I would share all this information with everyone and it's possible that I may have the gun by Monday and may be able to take it to the range then...And I'd get to see how it shoots compared to my Cougar L, which is smaller and lighter but still handles really well.

Fuck the Po-Lice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home