Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've had a journal entry, actually over three months, and I thought I'd add something, just in case anyone's still checking up.

In the past three months, my favorite team is 13-0. Yes, I'm talking about the Indianapolis Colts. Peyton Manning is the smartest player to ever play football. His talent level is high but his mental ability, his understanding, his instinct for the game is where he excels above all others. So, I've been watching three days of football, sometimes more, each week. Arkansas will be bad ass next year. Had Nutt started Casey Dick earlier this year, we wouldn't have gotten our asses kicked so fucking bad.

Also, I sold my Browning BDA and bought a Savage 111G in .270 winchester and started deer hunting again. I had been squirrel hunting and stuff and decided to deer hunt. Have I done any good? Out of three trips, I've seen three deer. Took two shots at an 8-point and missed. Fuck. I've got the new accu-trigger on my Savage which gives it the greatest trigger short of a match trigger and I've got a bad ass Nikon scope and should not have missed. But I did. My fault. After not having hunted for seven or eight years, I got excited. Sue me.

Also, I flew to Las Vegas and got married. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good. My first flight, my second marriage, my first trip to Vegas. We won more money than we lost, we had a wonderful time, and we didn't patronize any prostitutes. Good trip.

My old dog just keeps getting smarter and smarter. He's almost 18 months old, he's a lab mix, and he's so smart. He's also empathetic. He knows what we want him to do and how we want him to act without having to be given verbal commands.

I've gotten better at the grill. I can no longer order a steak in a restaurant, mine is better. I can no longer order fajitas, mine are better. Ditto for teriyaki grilled chicken. Mine is superior. Honey grilled tilapia? Excellent. Jerk shrimp with a twist of lime? I'm unbeatable. My pork tenderloin was good, my ribs are fair, and I'll be trying some new stuff soon I think. Oh, and I just baked my first cake in years...I'll let you know on it.

Oh, and I haven't written jack shit in a long, long time but I did recently return to journaling. Fuck. I'm fat, happy, and getting fatter and happier. The writing should come along soon because I'm not a good tortured artist. I write best when I'm happy.

Till next time...

Fuck the Po-Lice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home